Ready? Set....Go! Time is Ticking

April 3, 2014

I can get easily distracted when I'm doing a task, whether I spend way too much time on a particular thing or something else just captures my attention and I loose my focus.  I find what works for me is my wonderful plain white timer.  Its small but its so valuable to me.




When I want to complete a task within a specified time frame, I'll set my timer and focus on what I want to accomplish.  I have to say that this works for me all the time.  I've been able to do a regular cleaning of my house in one hour with the help of the HB.  He may not be too keen on the idea of the timer but he knows that when I set that puppy, its Speedy Gonzalez time! Trust me, when you get to enjoy the rest of your night because you completed that one daunting task within a reasonable time frame, you will be happy.

My challenge to you today is set your timer, whether its your kitchen timer, your cellphone timer, anything.  Set it for any amount of time you may need, try anything between 5 minutes to 15 minutes and complete a task during that time and when the timer stops, you stop.  Try to stop, sometimes its just a matter of getting started on a task and then you don't want to step away from what you are doing.  The idea here is that if we use our time wisely, we can accomplish those tasks that we find so dreadful.

Here are a few ideas on what you can accomplish in 5 minutes:

  • Clean out your purse
  • Open/Sort mail
  • Fold a load of laundry
  • Clean your surfaces
  • Wash your toilet and bathroom sink
  • Write a Thank You card to a friend
  • Plan your work outfit for the next day
  • Pay a bill
  • Tidy up a room in your house

I'm sure you will think of more ideas.  

So are you ready? Set.....Go! 

Happy Organizing, 

Organized Chica xox

⋅No comments

Post a Comment