Brain to Paper

April 17, 2014

Have you found yourself thinking and thinking and re-thinking about the same thing over and over and over and over, you get my drift, again just to later totally forget about it.  How about waking up in the middle of the night to think of something and then be like, "oh yea, I'll do that in the morning" or you just keep tossing in bed because your brain will NOT stop running.  Well that's me, or it was, work in progress.  My brain is non-stop and going full speed and to top it off, I have the worst memory ever! So if you don't see me writing it down, guaranteed I will forget and not carry out what I said I was going to do.  I joke with my friends saying that I'm trapped inside a 80 year old body but I think even an elderly person still has a better memory then me.  Did I also mention that I can get off track very easily, oh look, there's a leaf flying.  Yup! This is probably one of the many reasons why I need to be organized because if not, I would get NOTHING done.
On that note, I just wanted to share what works for me.  For years now, I've had a notebook where I write down all the projects I would like to do, from the biggest house project to the smallest personal project.  I basically dump all my ideas on a notebook to clear my mind from them. I've dated all my entries and it goes back a couple of years.  It's cool to look back and read some of my ideas, some I can actually cross off because at one point I've accomplished them and others just become irrelevant because I've changed.  

To help me clear my head, I write down all the projects I would like to accomplish in my notebook.  I also keep a small pad next to my bed so in case I wake up in the middle of the night with this grand idea or just an annoying reminder that won't leave my head at 2 am, I'll write it down. Yup, I will take my pen and write in the dark what I'm thinking in the moment, with my eyes closed and lights off.  Trust me, in the morning I look at it and it looks like chicken scratch but I was able to go back to sleep and not be bothered by my ideas keeping me awake.  

Point is that its actually proven that it works to write your thoughts down, whether it be by journaling or using a planner or saving a note in your cellphone.  Do what works for you.  Just try to keep your thoughts all in one place, centralize.

How about buying yourself a real nice cute notebook? If it fits your personality, you are bound to use it.  

Happy Organizing, 

Organized Chica, xox  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I love the part about the middle of the night!! So I will be on the look out for a cute notebook that fits in my purse...

    ReplyDelete