Stylish Mama's review of the California Grill at Disney

October 31, 2013

Well Hello All You Mouseketeers~

I hope you are having a great week.  I know I am!  And I guess being at the happiest place on Earth helps...that being Disney!  And the warm 80+ degree weather certainly helps.  I am such a happy and motivated person when its warm and sunny out.

What brings me to Disney this week is my husband Brian has a training conference he is not only attending but also presenting at.  So we had the opportunity to stay on Disney property at the Contemporary Hotel!  What a beautiful facility.  My favorite part of staying here at the Contemporary is that the monorail is right downstairs on the 4th floor.  Makes life here at Disney so easy!

Monday nite we were given the opportunity to go out as a couple (no kids!) for a date nite.
Thanks to family who also came on the trip they were gracious enough to babysit.

The foodie I am, I did a lot of research as to where we should dine for our special nite out.
I wanted to eat somewhere I know might have more of a sophisticated menu.  In my research I found several places on Disney property that caught my eye.  However, I am a fan of convenience so I chose the Contemporary's high end restaurant - and that was the California Grill.  

California Grill Inside

The inside is beautiful.  The Decor fits the hotel - being Contempoary inside-with sleek lines and modern furnishings.  

One of my favorite features is the open kitchen. We sat in front of the buzzing kitchen - and what a fun experience to watch our food being prepared and cooked right front of us!  

Open Kitchen

As we were seated by the hostess she pointed out that our table was decorated as it was our first visit and Tinkerbell heard we were dining and flew over with Mickey confetti.  Such a cute touch!

Place Setting at California Grill

As much as we loved the ambiance of the restaurant we also enjoyed the food just as much if not more.  We ordered an appetizer, our individual meals, and dessert!  Not sure about you all, but I am a sharer...so I always share my appetizer and dessert.  I wish I could eat my own...but I just never could.

Here is a photo of the delicious food!

First, Second, and Third Course

Top Left: homemade lavender and pepper foccacia bread with lavender butter with sea salt sprinkled on top
Top Right: Three Meat meatballs - (lamb, veal, pork) served with Picholene Olives, Herbed Orzo, Chimichurri, Lavender Mint
Bottom Left: Georges Bank Scallops homemade Gnocchi, Smoked Pork, Grilled Onions, Baby Brussels, Parmesan Foam
Bottom Right: Warm Homemade Fritters that are banana-stuffed, Cinnamon-dusted Fritters with Toasted Caramel Marshmallows complemented with a Trio of Dipping Sauces (Ah-Maze-Ing!)

After Dinner we were told the sun was setting and we could walk out on the balcony to capture all of its beauty.  Not often you catch a sunset living in New England - so we took the opportunity.  The photo below hardly shows the beauty of what we saw in person.

Gorgeous Sunset

Here is a photo of  my OOTD for my date nite.
Maxi dress from The Gap, necklace from Old Navy, bracelet from J-Crew

OOTD for date nite

And lastly, I must talk about the Wishes Fire Work Display.  What a way to end the date!  Anyone who dines with California Grill are invited back if they want to view the fireworks display at the Magic Kingdom from the balcony of the restaurant.  The view is spectacular and they even pipe in coordinating music.  I actually felt like a kid again!  It was simply perfect.



Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my wonderful family vacation thus far.
I am off to Epcot and Magic Kingdom!!!  Cant wait to share it all with you next week.  Or better yet, hope you are following us on Instagram!

Love, Stylish Mama (aka: Mama Stachowteer) 






⋅No comments

Post a Comment