Styling a Fall Mini Session photoshoot

October 9, 2013

Well as promised last week, I have photos of all the props from the first Mini Session I had the honor of styling for M.C. Photography this past weekend.

I have had a passion for photography.

True, I may not be the photographer, however I appreciate how special beautiful photos and portraits really are.  In a family we have the opportunity to carry these precious mementos down from generation to generation. Not sure about you all, but one of my favorite past times when at my parents is to walk down memory lane with photographs.

So because photography is so special to me.  I love that I was asked by M.C. photography to be a part of planning, carrying out, and styling a fall mini shoot for some really amazing families.

The planning began with the perfect fall location:

The Red Barn in Holden was just that.  A beautiful deep rustic red barn that is on the historical society.

Our palette was deep reds, oranges, yellows, browns...what do those colors remind you of?  Fall! We got our inspiration from natures gems - leaves!  All those pretty leaves that fell on the grounds were an added bonus to our backdrop.

a bushel of hand picked apples from a local farm


an antique table with our refreshments on display - greeting our families as they walked up the property.

We offered Cider and Donuts



Honey Crisp Apple Cider in a Mason Jar Dispenser

and an old antique wine crate full of fall goodies



My Favorite prop shot - was this one 
a very sweet loving family taking the opportunity to stop and enjoy it all!  


If I only could share with you all the photos Miranda took from that day.  How amazing all the families looked against this beautiful backdrop...

However, you can visit M.C. Photography's page to see a glimpse into the photos she took of the families and children from the mini session. They all looked gorgeous! I enjoyed catching up with some old friends and as well as meeting some new ones!    

One thing I will say - It was so cool to hear how many of the moms took note of the styling guide I had posted on our blog for the mini session.  I had moms say they took the ideas and went with it as a styling guide while shopping.  Some even bought the exact thing I had on the guide.  That made me feel so good that I could help out or even inspire some of those adorable kids in looking their best for their photos.

I believe we created new mementos and family portraits that will be passed down from generation to generation.  The feedback we have gotten has all been wonderful. Miranda is one talented lady! She and I are in the midst of planning our winter photo shoot.  We can't wait to show you what we have planned!


Love, 

Stylish Mama


⋅No comments

Post a Comment