Organized Chica's Salad Dressing

October 17, 2013

Hello there! As promised to many of you, I will share with you my dressing recipe.  Let me first start off by saying that I cannot, for the life of me, give a recipe that I created with exact measurements.  I don't know why, but my whole family is like this, my mom, my sister, me...you get the idea.  

I really honestly tried measuring all the ingredients to my dressing but that went out the window as soon as I test tasted the dressing.  I always tweak it at the end.  So all those exact measurements I proudly wrote down while preparing this, are no longer valid.

Enough said! I will do my best to give an idea on how I make my dressing. 


1.  You will need the following ingredients:




* the onion for some reason decided not to make an appearance
during the photoshoot...sorry


2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor following these instructions: 

- Rip a big handful of parsley without the stems from the bunch and wash thoroughly
- Rip another big handful of cilantro without the stems from the bunch and wash thoroughly
- pour in about 3/4 cup of Olive Oil (this will basically be the amount of dressing you will be making)
- cut about 1/4 of an onion 
- squeeze 2 to 3 limes into the processor 
- peel 2 garlic cloves (fresh please! no pre-cut or smashed garlic)
- add salt and pepper to taste





3. Let your food processor rip! (I use the Magic Bullet or NutriBullet) It should take a few seconds really until everything gets processed.  Now taste and tweak it to your liking.  This is why I have a hard time with the measurements.  I sometimes will do more lime juice or more salt.  It depends on how strong the flavors are from the fresh ingredients.  

4. Should look like this (similar to a pesto consistency)


Trust me, it really may not look that appetizing but it's really yummy. You can pour this over your salad, use as marinade or process this mixture with a chunk of Parmesan cheese and pour over your pasta.  

Hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it goes.  

Organized Chica - xox









⋅No comments

Post a Comment