Organized Chica's Asparagus and Bean Salad

October 30, 2013

About two weeks ago in my "Food to go" post I had promised to share with you the salad I made for friends.  This is an easy, healthy salad that is full of flavor.  It really reminds me of a summer salad because it's so light and fresh but you can make this year round.  Let's just remember how bad I am about measurements, so please forgive me.  This salad really depends on your preference.  If you like a certain ingredient, use more of it, if you don't, use less. Keeping it simple.

You will need the following ingredients:




* the scallions were camera shy...oops!


1. Open your cans of beans, rinse them through a strainer and then toss them into a mixing bowl.  Note: I usually use the Goya brand but Bush's was on sale.



2. Wash and cut your cherry tomatoes in half. Toss in the bowl with the beans.



3. Peel and cut the avocado in bite pieces.  Toss into the bowl. 



4. Cook asparagus until its al dente, toss in a ice bath (seen below) to stop the cooking.  Then remove them from the water and cut them into approximately 2". Toss into the bowl.



5.  Wash and remove the ends of the scallion. Dice it and then toss into bowl.  (Sorry, I was too excited to eat the salad that I forgot to take a picture of the scallions.) 


6.  Pour Organized Chica's Dressing over the salad.  I love this dressing so I pour on alot, you may want less, it's up to you.   Mix all the ingredients with the dressing and voila! 



Yummy Asparagus and Bean Salad.  




Hope you give it a try.  Let us know what you think.

Organized Chica - xox

⋅No comments

Post a Comment