Pinterest Dishes Tried and Proven Delish!

January 15, 2014

Any of you out there like me...always on the hunt for a great recipe to jazz up your menu at home?  I love to cook, but I also get bored easily of making the same thing over and over.

So for me, Pinterest is best tool for researching new and fun ideas. I love how on my Pinterest account I follow great inspirations like Martha, Jamie Oliver, Food Network. However,  I also love following food blogs to get those recipes that are tried and tested by other moms and housewives out there.

Recently I have actually tried out the recipes I have been pinning...and I have come to really love some of them.  So I figured I would share them with you all, cause they are just that good!  Today I share with you my new favorite breakfast meal.

And let me preface by saying...I am not a great breakfast line cook.
I can get breakfast made.  But this is a new go-to recipe that is sure to impress most - and best yet, its so effortless!

1. Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich

photo taken in my kitchen after I made this sandwich and before I had devoured it minutes later
Ingredients for making One (you can double, triple, and so on, per family needs)
  • 1 English Muffin
  • 1/4 cup re-fried beans
  • 1 Fried Egg
  • 1 tablespoon of shredded jack cheese
  • 1/2 ripe avocado 
  • 2 tablespoons of salsa
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. While the english muffins are toasting, peel and pit the avocado and use a fork to mash it. Add salt to taste. Heat up refried beans till warm and spreadable in microwave. Spread half of the bean mixture on the bottom of each english muffin, then spread half of the avocado on the top of each english muffin.
  2. Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Crack egg into pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to taste preferences. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, longer if desired, then carefully use a spatula to flip the eggs over. Season again with salt and pepper. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or longer if desired. Just make sure to add jack cheese during the last few seconds of cooking so it can get nice and melty on top of the egg.  Place the cooked egg on top of the english muffin that is covered in beans. 
  3. Add  salsa on top of the egg, then place the avocado smeared (I added salt and a touch of lime to my avocado topping)  half of the english muffin on top.
Can I just tell you, the creaminess of the egg (I made mine a little under cook so it was a little runny in the middle)  and the creaminess of the avocado and beans...made this dish so intensely satisfying in the morning.  My husband is still asking me to make this each time I offer to make breakfast.  Which is not really that often, but might be more now that I have this recipe to fall back on, so easy and delish!

If there are any recipes you love to make that you found on Pinterest please share with us.  Organized Chica and I will hopefully be sharing more of our favorites as we test them out in our homes.

Happy Pinning, and Cooking!

Love, Stylish Mama

*the recipe was altered slightly from pinterest - added and changed a few of the ingredients from original recipe

⋅No comments

Post a Comment