Organizing Expo & Conference

January 28, 2014

This past Saturday I attended the National Association of Professional Organizers of New England Organizing Expo & Conference in Waltham, Massachusetts, (that was a mouthful).   Needless to say I was on cloud 9.  I took tons of notes like a good student. Learned so much and got so many ideas to start implementing in my life.  No worries I will share with you all what  I learned.  What I love about attending these seminars are the great ideas and useful information you receive.  Their ideas spark new ones in my head and it goes wild, trust me.

The day started by dropping off 4 storage boxes chuck full of old paperwork that I had cleaned up a few months ago.  The expo had on site vendors like a local Shredding Company.  They only charged us $5 a box which I found totally reasonable.  Make sure to look at your local city/town for shredding options.  Some places will hold shredding events for free or a low cost.  Just make sure you investigate thoroughly the company that is being used so you are satisfied and at ease that your personal data is being disposed of properly.

The conference held a total of 8 different workshops, but due to scheduling and space, I had to really decide which ones I would attend because workshops were being done simultaneously.  Choosing was the hard part but I have no regrets to the workshops I attended.  I was able to listen to three great topics.
  1. Got Photos?
  2. Digging Out from Under Your Paper Piles
  3. Organizing for Emergencies
I also checked out the Vendor Expo Hall where I met a couple of different vendors.  There was one vendor in particular that I have to say I fell head over heels for.  I will talk all about that vendor in a later post.  All I can say is that I have admired that product line for a long time but to actually have it in my hands, WHOA! (Just like Joey in the show Blossom!....come on! don't tell me I'm the only one that remembers that anymore)
Trust me, I had to really stop my drooling because I think I was embarrassing my HB.

I left that expo all pumped and ready to conquer the world, well, my home exactly.  That energy lasted about 20 minutes into the car ride home, when I completely passed out in the car.  I'm the worse co-pilot ever, I fall asleep in the car even if I've only been in there for five minutes.  But we will talk about that another time, getting back on track here, I loved my Saturday!

I can't wait to share with all of you what I learned this past weekend so make sure you keep reading our blog for the latest.

Happy Organizing!

Organized Chica - xox

2 comments:

  1. Five dollars per box is indeed reasonable, although most of the time I just wait for one of the town’s numerous free shredding days to get my paperwork out for a drive. I just hope they’re not being used as confetti or something. That would be embarrassing. Haha! That said, I would love to attend such an event to see and hear other people’s processes in organizing stuff.

    Ruby Badcoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free is always better! It was more of a convenience for me to drop them off at the Organizing Expo.
      You bring up a good point, you definitely don't want your personal information being used as confetti, therefore doing your homework on what shredding company you are going to use is imperative.
      Thank you Ruby for your comment :)

      Delete