Most Innovative City in the World in 2013

September 26, 2013

Pack your bags! We're going to South America!


My family comes from the coast of Colombia, the city is called Barranquilla.  Most kids would go to Disney World for vacation but that wasn't my case. Most of my school vacations were spent back home with my family. Those are my fondest childhood memories.  Colombia has a lot to offer, besides the coffee that its known for and ahem...other things. Unfortunately I haven't visited all its cities but they are on my bucket list.  Therefore when I was given the opportunity to fly and visit the 2nd largest city in Colombia, I didn't hesitate to say YES. 

Welcome to Medellin, Colombia!

Since I was very little, visiting Medellin was a dream of mine.  I already loved it without even seeing it with my own eyes.  When I arrived and I saw the city for the first time, my eyes teared up and I felt a knot in my throat.  I was fulfilling one of my long time dreams, it was all coming true. I was finally there! I could breathe its air, see its beauty, listen to their music, touch its soil and eat all the delicious foods.  It felt like home and that's what mattered to me.  

If you wish to learn about this beautiful city, I recommend you click on the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MedellĂ­n to read more and find out why this city won Most Innovative City of the World in 2013.

(Excuse the quality of my pictures, I didn't have the best camera with me.  My only regret!)

Food!! Yum! Yum!!

I love food. I can't stress that enough and I eat tons! Ask any of my friends.  Let me share with you how many times we eat in Colombia: we have a good breakfast, snack between lunch, a huge lunch, a snack before dinner and then a huge dinner.  Oh, and lets not forget the snack before bed.  Cafesito con arepita (coffee with cornmeal cakes).  Is that enough of food for you? 



Are you hungry yet? Just putting this collage together of just some of the foods I ate is making me hungry! 


A quick tour of the city!






Take a look at this mall! 




Lastly I will show you a couple of the things I did in the Antioguia region.  I rode the Metro Cable, very scary at times because of the altitude.  I rode a horse for the first time, that hurt! I rode the Metro, had dinner on Colombia's Luxury Yacht, climbed all 740 steps of "La Piedra de Guatape" and visited their town.  



I hope you enjoyed traveling with me through my pictures.  I had a wonderful time! 
I welcome you all to visit Colombia, you will not regret it.  

Feliz dia!!


Organized Chica - xox 










⋅No comments

Post a Comment