Happy Monday! 

Lemon Drop Martini!


Why not start a dreaded Monday morning with the subject of a fabulous cocktail!

This has become a recent favorite of mine.  I often will order it out if it's on the drink menu.

However I was told it's super easy to make at home!  And that had me interested in making it for myself this weekend.  Funny enough - I had all the ingredients on hand!  So that was the easy part.

Here is what I used:
1 1/2 ounces vodka - I had Ciroc on hand but my favorite Vodkas are Grey Goose or Belvedere
1/2 ounce orange liqueur
1 teaspoon superfine sugar - or to taste
1 lemon squeezed (I have a hand lemon/lime squeezer I got ages ago from Pottery Barn)
Ice cubes
and a teaspoon of sugar to coat the rim of the glass
Twisted peel of lemon



Preparation:

Mix the vodka, orange liqueur, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well  (I usually insert a silly bartender dance here - and shake shake shake for 40-60 seconds).
Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon.

Makes 1 serving. 

Its really superb.
See photos below of my martini making -










If your Monday is a dreaded Monday - Maybe you will make this a Martini Monday!

Love, Stylish Mama


⋅No comments

Post a Comment