My Must Do List for Disney

November 4, 2013

Hey Ya'll!

I have to say coming back to the freezing cold of New England is not easy.
However, I think you can all agree that getting back to your routine and sleeping in your own bed is worth traveling back for...even if I left sunny Florida behind.

The trip to Disney was a trip of a lifetime.

My three year old daughter said to me on the eve of the last night spent at Disney  "Mommy I love it here!" I had to agree, Disney is a place you can fall in love with, even as an adult.

So I am by no means a Disney expert.  However, I did just spend 10 days there...so I figured I would share with you all my top 10 list.  And then I have a favorite list for the toddler age...especially those of you who have little girls, nieces, and granddaughters.

Stylish Mama Must Do List for Disney:

1. Stay on Disney Property - This made traveling back and forth to Disney parks so carefree and took the "stress out of it"  - I saw parents who had to lug their children back and forth from the parking area, and it did not look pleasant.

2. Food and Wine Festival- At Epcot
What an experience for us to be able to partake in the food and wine festival!  I literally felt like I could visit all the countries in one day and not be overwhelmed with the food portions as they give you small portions and they don't hit your wallet as heavily.  And the food - WOW! Tasty!

3. (speaking of Epcot) The Boulangerie-Pâtisserie in France
My word, the pastry...the sandwiches...the baguettes.  I had a raspberry and lime macaroon that I am still dreaming of this morning.  Fresh raspberries filled the macaroon with lime curd with fresh lime peel. Wow! Worth a trip just for that.  (I am not joking)

4. California Grill, Contemporary Resort
As you saw in the post I had left last week, this place is a great date night place.
The menu is fantastic and the views of the firework display are probably one of the best on all of Disney property.

5. The Polynesian Resort
We went there one day and swam in their pools and enjoyed Dole whip pineapple ice-cream - such pretty grounds with all plants and flowers native to Hawaii

6. Downtown Disney - the home of the largest Disney store.  A fun place for the whole family to walk around and check out stores and restaurants that you and your kids would love.

7. Beasts Castle in Fantasy Land
This was a fun experience for us adults - probably more for us than my daughter.  The dining area is just magical - you feel like you are walking on set of the movie - with snow falling outside of the dining hall.  The west wing was neat (not as kid friendly as their was lightening and thunder) and it had the famous red rose under glass!

8. Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom - I know so cliche' of me to say...but it is a Disney must do.

9. Campfire at the Resort ( if staying on Disney property)
Our hotel offered a campfire each night with free and unlimited marshmallows to roast.  This was a lot of fun and very much a bonding activity for our family.

10.  Ohana Restaurant - At the Polynesian Hotel
A Polynesian style menu - if you are traveling in a large group - this is a fun place to dine - there is family style servings of food. The food was AMAZING! Oh and you can get fun cocktails served in real pineapples!

Mini Stylish Mama (three year old daughter) Top 5 List for Disney

1. Dine at Cinderellas Castle
We got to meet Cinderella and 4 other princess - the menu was also great for kids and adults

2. Bippity Boppity Boutique
My daughter loved the whole experience of being made into a princess for the day,  if you have a little girl this is a must do!!!!

3. Character Breakfast
I recommend the Beach Club Resort breakfast - the food is much better quality than Chef Mickey's and the characters are all the same.

4. Ariel Ride at Fantasy Land
My daughter loved this ride the most out of all the rides at Magic Kingdom.
So much so that mom and dad did it a handful of times with her.  Under the Sea is now the only tune in my head all day and night long. ha ha

5. Finding Nemo ride at Epcot
This too was a favorite of my daughters.  She adored the ride and the educational exhibits that were displayed in the Nemo ride building.  The dolphin in the aquarium was just as much of a thrill for her to see!

Well there you have it.
Those are our must do list!

Hope you enjoyed reading a little bit more on what we enjoyed most on our trip.

And last but not least.  I wanted to mention a special thank you to my friend Marilyn (organized chica) for taking care of all the loose ends for the blog while I was away.  She made me feel so at ease to walk away from our "baby" while I was in Disney.  I am left feeling grateful for our friendship and working partnership with the blog.  And she did a wonderful job with her posts...so captivating.  I really want to get going on the asparagus salad recipe she posted. (its a favorite of mine as well!)

Love,  Stylish Mama











⋅No comments

Post a Comment