Remembering Summer: Watch Hill, RI

September 12, 2016

I figure that if I reminisce of my awesome summer it would be my way of holding onto it a little bit longer before it leaves.  We have been very fortunate here in New England to still have warm weather days before summer ending so we are squeezing every ounce of it.

This week I will be sharing a few of my summer highlights with you as we wave summer goodbye. Let's kick off Summer memory lane with Watch Hill, RI.

I've had this area on my bucket list for a couple of years now and I finally was able to visit it this summer. I'm sure you all have heard that Taylor Swift owns a home here and I can see why.  This area may be small but so big in its beauty.

As soon as you arrive you are greeted with an ocean view and one of Rhode Islands finest resorts, Ocean House. It being listed as one of the top 100 hotels in the world.  I was in awe of it's beauty outside. I admit, I have not had the chance to go inside but I hope so one day and at least get to enjoy one of their restaurants.  A girl can dream and Ocean House will always be on my bucket list.

As you drive down into town you will pass by Taylor Swifts beach home.  No traffic is allowed to stop and take pictures and for a shorty like me, I was able to admire her bushes a lot.  You continue going down a hill where you will find a small strip of shops and restaurants.  Take the time to visit each one since they all have their own flair.  My favorite shop is called WH2O.  They have the best home decor and gifts in my opinion, and best part is that you get greeted by their doggie, Bogey. Girls who work there are friendly and feel free to ask them where they recommend grabbing a bite to eat.

Watch Hill has two amazing beaches that should make your summer list next year.  I loved the area so much that I had to share it with Stylish Mama. We ended up enjoying our yearly Girls Beach Day at Watch Hill, sunbathing at East Beach Access in August.

I can't wait to visit this area again because there is so much still I need to see and explore. Watch Hill Point Lighthouse and Napatree Point are a must for me next time.

Needless to say that the views were breathtaking.  I could stay in front of the ocean all day and feel at peace.  Hope you enjoy these images and make Watch Hill, RI a must for you. It is perfect for a romantic getaway or a girls only destination. 
  





Let's see where my Summer memory lane takes us next...I envision an island, perhaps. Hmmm.......


Happy Summer, 
Love, Organized Chica xox




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We are so happy you enjoyed the post. Thank you for your comments, it makes our day. xox

      Delete