Nutella Stuffed French Toast...ooohh la la!

March 2, 2015

I hope all you New Englanders are keeping sane with this winter we are having.  I for sure thought by March we would be saying goodbye to snow and hello to warmer weather.  But I guess winter is still kicking and going strong.

I find that winter does allow me to do one thing best.  And that's eating!  I love the idea of being snowed in and eating yummy comfort food.

I made Nutella Stuffed French Toast for house guests a few weeks ago, and it was a HIT!
Such an indulgent breakfast...that I am now in love with...I especially love how the toast is soaked in orange juice which is the perfect compliment to the hazelnut cocoa spread.  YUMMM!



Nutella Stuffed French Toast

Ingredients:

1 13-ounce jar Nutella
16 slices of good white bread (two slices for each sandwich)
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice (or orange liquor if you have it)
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla exract
1 pinch of salt
1/4 cup canola oil


Directions:

1. Spread 1 tbsp of Nutella between two slices of bread, repeating to make all sandwiches.  Use a sandwich cutter or a glass to press down and get 1 clean circle from each slice - cutting away crusts and seal sandwiches.

2. Mix together eggs, milk, sugar, orange juice, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large shallow bowl.  Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture until they are well covered.  (divide your batch in half so you you can manage frying the sandwiches)

3. Heat 2 tbsp of canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat.  Add sandwiches and cook, turning once until both sides are browned.  Repeat with remaining oil and serve immediately.

*I dusted mine with powdered sugar to make it extra pretty!


I warn you that this is very indulgent and good. This is a perfect brunch dish or a treat to wow your house guests.

Happy Cooking!

Love, Stylish Mama

⋅No comments

Post a Comment