First week of Fall

September 22, 2014

This week brings fall.  And with that means two things I am not too fond of...Falling Leaves and Cold Air.

However there are lots to be happy about!

Here are just a few that I am excited about:  (disclaimer if you are hungry...most of my list is food related!)

1. PSL (for all of you who are not familiar that would be Pumpkin Spice Latte!)
2. Apple Pie 
3. Apple Picking
4. Cider Donuts
5. Sweaters
6. Boots
7. Scarves
8. Apple Cider
9. Baking 
10. Crock Pot Meals

So that last one on the list brings me to why I am posting today...
Crock Pot meals are essential during the cooler months.  A great way to come home on a cold day is to come home to something warm and ready for you to enjoy for a meal.

Here is a go to recipe that I have made time and time again...also a popular one on football Sunday...notice that was not a favorite on my fall favorite list.  Boo to football...however I am a good wife and love to make my hubby happy.  And this fall dish certainly makes my man happy.



Diablo Chicken Chili

1 to 2lbs of boneless chicken breasts cut up into small pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tsp. of chili powder
4 tsp of ground cumin
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 small onions chopped
1 8oz package of sliced mushrooms
2 carrots chopped
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 28 oz can of tomato puree
1 jalapeno pepper chopped
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of black beans
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp brown sugar

Its as simple as this - mix all the above ingredients - dump into a crock pot, set the crock pot on high for 8 hours and its ready to be enjoyed!

I always serve this with a topping bar - I use sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions sliced, and corn bread sliced with warm butter and honey on the side!
Enjoy and bundle up!! 
Love, Stylish Mama

⋅No comments

Post a Comment