weekend recap

March 24, 2014

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We did a lot and it was busy, but had a great time and created new memories with friends and family.

Saturday we had date night with Organized Chica and her hubby.  We had a fabulous time in Cranston, RI.  We wanted to do a little shopping and then dining at Garden City and Chapel View.  Both being right next to each other worked out perfectly. So many amazing shops in one area.  You could literally shop all day! 

We had reservations at Bone Fish Grill.  I have been wanting to try this place for years!  All I have heard about is their Bang-Bang Shrimp and Thai Coconut Shrimp appetizers.  So we had to order those!

Bang-Bang Shrimp

Thai Coconut Shrimp

Both did not disappoint.  I will say the guys were more excited to try the bang bang shrimp and the girls were more excited to try the Thai coconut shrimp...and in the end we all agreed the Thai coconut shrimp was more flavorful and our favorite.  A must order!

We had a great dinner and the service and atmosphere were all great.  Definitely a place we want to go back and try again.


Stylish Mama and Organized Chica

Great news for you local peeps, Living Social is running a BOGO (buy one get one free) meal deal right now for Bone Fish Grill.  Just click on this link and you can sign up for yours totally free! Living Social Bone Fish BOGO deal

Before dinner we had gone into Alex and Ani Headquarters which is right next to Bone Fish Grill to do some browsing.  (possibly for a blog giveaway next month! stay tuned!)  And Organized Chica got me good!  She was asking me which bracelets were ones that I was eyeing.  I fell for it!  For your answer see below:


I have the worlds most sweetest friends in both her and her husband who surprised me with a Red Sox Alex and Ani!  And I love it!  It being almost Red Sox Season and this girl is geared up!  This girl was born into Red Sox nation and will always have a special place for them in my heart.  Thank you again guys, you both are just too sweet for words.


The restaurant pictured behind us is Chapel Grille.  We are both eyeing their menu for an upcoming girls night out.  Such a beautiful restaurant and its all lite up with string lights.  We had to take a pic (even though we were freezing!!!)

My weekend was not over there.  Next was a Frozen Party on Sunday.  My daughter is your typical girl right now who is obsessed with this movie.  The music, silly Olaf, and Princess Ana.  She was excited to be going to a movie night at a friends house (even though we watched it a million times at home).


Someone told me that these Frozen dolls are going for some serious cash on Ebay right now.  Uncle Jimmy, if you are reading this...don't even think about it, don't think Dani will part with them.  ha ha

Some of you might have seen my post on Instagram if you follow us of the Greek Dip I had made for the party.  I promised I would share with you the recipe.  And it is a good one.  You mostly see taco dip at parties, but when do you see a Greek dip?  


  Greek Dip


Ingredients:

1 8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning (I use Trader Joes 21 Season Salute)
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
1 container of hummus (normal size,not family size)
1 cup finely diced cucumber
1 cup finely diced tomato
1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup of fresh mint chopped
fresh cracked pepper
Pita chips (I like Stacy's chips)

Directions: 

In a medium mixing bowl with a paddle attachment - slowly beat together cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic on medium speed until all combined and smooth

Spread the cream cheese mixture into a deep dish pie plate.  Spread hummus on top of the cream cheese layer.  (I add a squeeze of lemon juice on top of hummus layer) 
Top with Cucumber, Tomato, Olives, Feta, and Mint. Then grind fresh crack pepper on top.

Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.  Serve with Pita Chips. Enjoy!




Love, Stylish Mama



⋅No comments

Post a Comment